Tuesday, July 7, 2009

We're Home--

It was an easy day today since we stayed in Boomtown last night. Right next to the fenced in dog area there were the most beautiful Russian Thistle plants blooming. They are so prickly it is awful, but the blossoms are very pretty. They grew in our pasture when I was growing up and I didn't appreciate them then. When I was in college I saw them for sale for $15 a stem (about 3-4 blooms on a stem) in Frederick and Nelson's (a nice dept. store in Seattle way back when). I was shocked that anyone would pay for a "weed". I was tempted to pick some of these, but I knew the border crossing would have a fit if I was caught bringing weeds in to California, so I will make do with the photos.



The people who stayed right behind us last night also had a Southwind (2008) and had lots of questions for us. We each toured the other RV to see the differences. This was their first trip so we were able to show them adjustment we've made. Ours worked well this trip--except for leaks under the sinks caused by all the bumpy roads we traveled. It was very nice to have a trip with a working motorhome.

We got home early afternoon to find a lizard in our pool, hanging on for dear life to the leaf basket. Gary let him go in a flower bed, then we kept the dogs inside.

Staying inside was fine with the dogs--they tested out their crates (kennels) we left behind --Elsie stayed in her crate most of the afternoon. Then they moved to the beds by the fireplace. It is so cute to see them embracing their "real" home and acting so happy to see their "stuff".

We got the RV mostly emptied and started on the huge basket of mail. Tomorrow I'll catch up on bills.

It is good to be home. Thanks for joining us in our travels--

No comments: