Sunday, June 22, 2008

I Got My Wish!


We had the most beautiful gentle rain last night, started just before dark. So peaceful, pretty and refreshing. I got to walk the dogs in the rain! Can you feel the smile on my face?

After one night in beautiful downtown Warrenton (a suburb of Astoria, known for the only Costco on the coast), we moved to a beautiful RV place in Seaside where we were greeted by Gary's college roommate, Norm and his wife Barb. We have not stopped talking except to sleep.

No fish yet, but we got lots of clams on Saturday, early in the morning. Gary and his cousin, Mike, used to dig commercially in H.S., in the surf. Mike still digs clams a lot, but Gary hasn't been out for 30 some years. Found out it is hard work! Notice the photo where Norm and Gary actually cooked the clams, too. Then the three of them ate 30 fried clams! I think Gary ate 20 of them by himself. He sure loves fried clams.

Dogs had a ball, as you can see in the photos. Julie and Barb enjoyed dogsitting while I took photos.

Then Norm and Barb and Gary and I went to the Scandinavian Festival. Saw my old friend, Judy and her sister, Bonnie in costume. I wish I knew more about how to rearrange photos on this blog, I'd like to put words by each photo, but can't make that work. Enjoy the photo of the raising of the Maypole at the end of these photos.

We had a good laugh when filling the RV up with gas at the Warrenton Costco. Several people who were filling ordinary size cars with gas rambled over to peek at our total to see how much it cost to fill the RV (you don't want to know!)

1 comment:

Britta, Webmistress of the Dark said...

Even blurry you can see Elsie was having a blast running along the beach! Wish I could have some fried clams...can't remember the last time I had any, but was probably in Astoria... Keep having fun!