Friday, October 3, 2008

North Dakota!

We made it to North Dakota and enjoyed a night in Williston. Got up very early this morning and got to Minot by noon so we could go to the Høstfest. North Dakota scenery is somewhat the same as Montana, but more evergreen trees. Lots of fields and the oil wells are showing up more frequently.



Elsie finally got tired of helping Gary drive and has rested the last two days. Now she has Grandma to lean against and that has seemed to calm her down.

The Høstfest was wonderful. I bought lots of stuff today. Mom and Gary finally pooped out and sat at a table and ended up visiting with some friendly people who had a cousin in Lodi. As I was wandering around, a vendor said to me, "I didn't see you at your booth, I thought you didn't come this year." I had to tell her this was my first year and I wasn't who she thought I was. I guess I have a double who works at the Danish booth some years.

We saw Jo Ann Castle perform. She is amazing! So much energy. We all loved it. She graciously posed for photos after her performance.








To make it even more fun, for some reason I turned to my right during the concert and looked in the bleachers and who did I see? Brian and Wendy Rase! Sorry about the fuzzy photo. I forgot our camera and took this with the cell phone. Same with Jo Ann Castle's photo. Brian and Wendy have been visiting relatives for 3 weeks and have spent several days at the Høstfest. We talked for a half hour at least.



We plan to go back tomorrow (with a camera so you can see the wonderful wood carved decorations) and see more of the shows. There are a zillion and we can't decide which ones to see. I have to discontinue shopping so shows are a good way to stop that activity. But we hardly ever see all this great Scandinavian stuff to buy!

Tonight we are relaxing. Mom is already in bed at 9:30 (that's 7:30 Roseville time). Dogs can't figure out why we are going to bed so early.

1 comment:

Britta, Webmistress of the Dark said...

DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA! Sheesh!

Are you sure you brought enough Scotch for Grandma? Just kidding...but I see her traditional nightly cocktail on the table. :) Say hi from me!