Friday, February 20, 2009

Goodbye Pahrump, Hello Palm Springs


The view from the door of our RV in Terrible's Lakeside in Pahrump was really lovely. You can see the lake here as I stood on our steps. Usually you saw it full of ducks, too, but I was too early this morning when I took this shot. I think the ducks were still asleep.


Some travellers with a sense of humor had this "dog" on a leash outside their RV, next to a water dish. Very cute. We met a couple who traveled with a lab that made ours look small plus the biggest Great Dane I have even seen. When they told us the dogs sleep downstairs I guess I looked confused because they then explained they have a 5th wheeler and consider the bed the upstairs. I am still learning the RV lingo.














Our route took us through Barstow. Gary had seen several signs for a 50's cafe so he decided we had to stop there for lunch. We thoroughly enjoyed our stop at Peggy Sue's Diner. It was so cute! Lots to see, even an original 50's section that looked a lot like the restaurant my folks had when I was little. It was a real stroll down memory lane. Good food, too.









Now we are in the RV at Cathedral City (near Palm Springs) after a fun family dinner with my Mom, my sister and brother-in-law. Tomorrow will bring golf for Gary and a trip to the street fair for Mom, Carol and me.

No comments: