Friday, August 19, 2011

Almost Home

Tonight we are at a nice RV park in Redding called Mountain Gate RV Park. Gary is enjoying the hot tub they installed a week ago.

Tom, you will be happy to know they let us bring our dahlia bouquet into California. In fact, the inspector asked if we were going to the Dahlia Show--I guess a lot of flowers had passed thru today.

The only clouds we saw all day were as we came over the Siskyou Pass. Beautiful drive, but we sure aren't ready for this heat.














Mount Shasta looks totally different than in June when it was completely snow covered.














Lake Shasta was full in June and look how low it is now.













I accomplished a real feat today--for my feet. I finished my black socks. I will never knit with black yarn again! Can't see the stitches so no fun. Tomorrow I'll start on a fun yarn for a new pair of socks as we wend our way home.

No comments: