Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Yum and Yuck

The yucky part first--as I was happily walking the dogs this morning in Medford, I felt a "plop" right in the middle of my scalp. Looked up and there was a bird sitting on a phone line that obviously thought I'd be a great subject for target practice. Gary got the worst of it out with a paper towel, but the next thing I am doing is washing my hair now that we have arrived in Salem for the night.

Once again, we couldn't resist staying at this RV Park. The name is such fun to say and the address is Astoria Street. It just seems so appropriate on our way to Astoria.



















California has actually finished some fabulous roadwork from about Red Bluff to the border! These smooth lanes were a treat for the RV and us.














The Yum part of this blog is blackberries. I found a huge patch and while the dogs waited patiently for the rest of their walk, I picked enough berries for a pie when we get to Mom's. Her favorite snack is berry pie--any kind of berries.

Tomorrow we are off to Astoria for the 200th anniversary celebration of Astoria as a city--oldest city west of the Mississippi!

No comments: