Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Peterson's Furniture Movers

Heading to Seattle to spend a bit of time with my Mom.  This trip we are hauling a lamp and coffee table for my nephew from his Placerville uncle.  On the way back we will have an old stool of Mom's that my sister is giving me.  Nice!  It feels so good to be back in the RV again after our long summer of not being allowed to use it--doctor's orders.  I'm feeling great now--having a ball trying more new foods each week.

We left home Monday morning after I counted the offering at church.  Along the way we saw remnants of lots of grass fires.  Outside of  Redding there was a huge fire--the Clover Fire, according to Gary's research.

Lake Shasta has the lowest water level we have ever seen.  So sad to see so little water in the lake.

Mt. Shasta was almost completely without snow.  That is another sight we've never seen.  I am afraid it really is going to be a very dry year.  Maybe this winter we'll get lucky and have some nice rainstorms and lots of snow.

Our old girl, Tule (13 1/2 now) is in amazing shape for her age, but is getting weaker.  I am still not allowed to lift her weight, so we got creative and fashioned a sling to go under her hind legs.  This way it is pretty easy for us to get her in and out of the RV--with Gary doing most of the lifting.  She is so good about accepting this help.  Going for walks works just fine, it is just the steps that are a problem.   And--Elsie is being very good about staying out of the way while we are getting Tule either in or out.  We have such good dogs!

No comments: