Saturday, September 14, 2013

Two Days in One

For some weird reason, Mom's wifi didn't work last night, so no post. I'll try to get both in now.


Yesterday we took the Kingston Ferry from Edmonds (love that short ride) and drove to Bainbridge Island. Found Churchmouse Yarns and Teas and both Mom and I did some shopping.   It was a nice, cool, overcast day.


 Then Gary suggested we go to Poulsbo for lunch.  He had an ulterior motive--wanted to eat at the same place we did last time and have more of their clam chowder.  After our lunch/dinner (it was about 3 p.m.), he took the dogs for a walk while Mom and I wandered up to the Scandinavian shop.  I bought a variety of things and Mom got a new lefse griddle.  At almost 99 she thinks she needs a new lefse griddle!  Sounds good to me!  I'm usually the one that makes the lefse at her house.  ; )  The town has amazing murals on the sides of the buildings--very cute Scandinavian community.


Today I made bread for Mom and cookies for my nephew, then took Mom to Costco.  We had Mom's two remaining close friends over for salmon dinner, Buck and Johnnie.  Gary did a masterful job of cooking the salmon and I made the rest of the dinner.  On our way home from Costco, Mom spotted an estate sale and we both did a bit of shopping.  I'm so glad we are in the RV so I can take home our new round oak coffee table.


As I sit here in the RV typing this, a train is passing Edmonds. One of my favorite memories is the Doppler effect as the trains go thru town.  It is a melancholy yet peaceful sound that makes me think I'm at home.  I must have heard that sound at bedtime growing up because now I am ready for bed.




No comments: