Monday, September 6, 2010

Eastern Oregon


We had such a good visit at my brother's. And I finally got a photo of my sister-in-law as she and the boys were saying good bye to our dogs.






We headed on our way from Bend toward Biggs. This is what the scenery looked like almost the whole way.








Then we made it to Biggs and the Columbia River. There were some interesting land formations along the gorge.








We saw more trains on this stretch of the trip than any trip of our lives.










About halfway to Pendleton from Biggs there were acres and acres of this particular tree grown as a crop. We're not sure--maybe Cottonwood? Or Birch? Probably Cottonwood.









And for my knitting update--this is how far I've gotten on my scarf using Tule as a backdrop this time. Good dog!

No comments: