Friday, September 3, 2010

Heading to Montana

We're on the road again on our way to meet some old friends in Montana. We had a beautiful ride today, but the weather was not cool.


At Lake Shasta it was 103 degrees!










We are staying at the KOA in Mt. Shasta City--what a darling town. One of Gary's hunting buddies lives here, so Bob and Gary had a nice chat and we all went out to dinner.





At this KOA I realized our dogs can read. They crossed their legs and rushed over to the sign that said "Pet Walk". I've been noticing they seem to recognize that sign at each park before they get close enough to sniff the other doggie smells. Such smart dogs we have. ; )




Somebody at this park is a talented wood carver. Carvings like this are on every post. It is fun to see all the different characters.






I got a nice thank you gift for talking Gary into hauling the spinning wheel for my knitting friend, Tami, on our last trip. This is the beginning of my new silk and merino wool scarf with Elsie being a very patient background.

1 comment:

Britta, Webmistress of the Dark said...

Reading dogs, eh? I can't believe Elsie holds still as a knitting backdrop! Have a good drive!