Friday, October 31, 2014

Finally!



About 5:30 tonight it was decided that Gary could go home to Mom's.  We finally got here about 7:30. Just as he was slowly walking in, my brother and nephew, Alex, showed up.  Alex helped me get Gary's things out of the RV and then went with me to get Gary's pain meds.  Mom (age less than a week from 100) made Gary dinner.  I am so blessed!

Today was a rougher day.  He really has problems getting up--easier from a chair, impossible from a bed.  Tonight he is sleeping in the recliner and I'll be on the davenport (sofa--Gary keeps correcting me) in case he needs me.  The dogs are happy he is home--both have hovered near him all evening.  He is still in a lot of pain,but slowly making progress.  He is determined to go to the party, but it will be a challenge for everyone who is helping him.  Time will tell.  We will be staying at least two weeks instead of leaving on Tuesday, as originally planned.



One more night of bedtime at midnight or later.  Dinner for me has been between 10:30 and 11:30.  I'm pooped!

No comments: