Monday, October 27, 2014

Rosie's First Long Trip

I guess I should preface this post with the sad news that we lost our dear yellow lab, Tule, to a stroke this summer. Rosie is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who has come to live with us and enliven our days.

The first day out, Rosie was really antsy--couldn't quit moving--up in my lap, down to the bedroom, back to the kitchen, again on my lap.  She was so excited.  And the smells!  Both dogs have a ball sniffing the world every time I walk them.


As we drove along, Elsie was in her usual spot mostly under my legs.  Rosie was everywhere, but this photo shows how much she was enjoying the trip.

Mt. Shasta had SNOW!  We were so happy to see that after the empty Lake Shasta.  I missed the lake photo time.  The mountain blended in with the clouds so no photo of that, either.


We made it to Medford the first night, where we discovered our tiny old electric heater (purchased at a yard sale for $2.50 7 years ago) finally gave up the ghost. I guess we got our money's worth out of it.  It was so small, it fit perfectly in here and gave off LOTS of heat.  Elsie will really miss it.


As we drove along we spotted a rainbow!  It was so nice having a bit of rain now and then.  Oregon is so beautifully green.  And yes, those are bug splats in the photo. Sigh.


Note the yarn on the hoof.  There are lots of sheep along I-5 going up the freeway.  And note the nice green grass in the photo.  Sure wish we had some of that in California.


The fall colors are gorgeous along the freeway.


This morning was quite cold, so the dogs decided beds were necessary.  Rosie rushed in to get the big bed, so Elsie was stuck trying to squeeze into Rosie's little bed.  What a hoot!


We spotted this wonderful old Ford truck zooming along the freeway.  Old vehicles are such fun.


Gary remembered we were going right past a Cabela's store, so a stop was in order.  He found a bargain set of ear muffs to muffle the shotgun sounds so he was happy.  I've gotten some knitting done now that Rosie has decided it is nice to sleep in a bed on the floor as we drive.

I'm not sure when I'll get to blog again.  Life will get very busy when we get to Mom's.  Her 100th birthday party is Sunday.  I'll make sure some photos of that get up eventually.

No comments: