Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fish!



The tired, but happy fisherman arrived back from a successful salmon fishing trip with his cousin. He caught his limit of 2 salmon, but is taking the retired guy's easy way out--didn't bring his catch back with him, took them to a professional who is cleaning, packaging and flash freezing them for him. It's a rough life.

We've been pretty sure for a long time that Tule the yellow lab is nearsighted--this proves it. She has been trying to make friends with this stuffed dog every time we walk past.













We went for a photography walk and the dogs learned quickly to sit and wait while I took photos of flowers. They look so pretty!


































Blackberries are just blooming and beginning to set fruit here. Sure glad we got to pick some in Medford where it was warm enough for them to be ready to pick.














Russian Thistle like this used to sell for $15 a bunch of 5 at Frederick & Nelson's. They are beautiful, but VERY prickly.






Gary's evening was spent bowling with his HS classmates. I opted to stay home and knit since I will spend Saturday evening and Sunday morning with them. The dogs and I totally relaxed. It was a good day.




Note: This is Friday's blog--due to off and on wifi at this RV park and a malfunctioning aircard, I haven't been able to keep up. I'll try to get another one up before the weekend is over.

1 comment:

Sandra Gardner Benward said...

WOW, two salmon...... I am so envious. I LOVE salmon. Think I'll get some out of freezer for tomorrow night, oh no, I guess it will be Tuesday dinner.
We will think of you tomorrow while we are all relaxing and knitting.........