Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hurricane Ridge

Today was full of riding in the car through beautiful scenery.


First my dear hubby drove us to Port Orchard to see Debbie Macomber's yarn shop. Of course I bought some yarn for Christmas gifts. it is a nice enough store, but the building housing it is wonderful. Gary heard that Debbie's office is upstairs.



After that long drive, we had lunch with the dogs in the RV, then drove up to Hurricane Ridge. What a spectacular view! All the way up there was something new to see around each bend in the road.




Mom needs help walking, especially up hill, but she won't admit to any pain!








As we drove up we noticed a lot of people standing around staring at the parking lot. Then we saw the very tame deer that were happy to walk up close for a photo opportunity.

Tonight Mom and I played cards for the second night in a row--Rummy. We just played one hand at a time and the winner was the one who won the most hands. Well,Mom won't go to bed until she at least ties me. If I am ahead, we have to keep playing cards.

It has been a great trip to the Olympic Peninsula--I recommend it to any of you who like cooler, gorgeous scenery.

1 comment:

Sandra Gardner Benward said...

where is Port Orchard? I want to go to Debbie's place too. Sandi