Friday, August 20, 2010

Ride 'Em Cowboy!

The road from Astoria to Portland is the bumpiest we've been on in a long time, until you get to Beaverton. Sure had our teeth rattling and we were bouncing in our seats. But the scenery is gorgeous--more trees and ferns underneath--can't get enough of these views.

Then a wonderful sight appeared: RASPBERRIES! I have been looking for raspberries the whole trip and here was a roadside stand and they were beautiful and a lot cheaper than we'd pay at home. Bought a flat so I can make jelly when we get home. I sure hope they don't take them away from us at the border. Maybe I should sacrifice a towel and make the juice tonight?

I am using Gary's computer so no photos tonight. So far we haven't figured out how to put the photos from my camera onto Gary's computer. I tried adding a new app to my iPhone and it messed up the tethering capability so I can't use the phone to connect my computer to the internet. I'll get it fixed on Monday when we get home so it will be ready for the next trip.

We're in Myrtle Creek, Oregon tonight. Not sure how far we'll go tomorrow. We'll play it by ear. See you all soon.

No comments: