Saturday, June 13, 2009

Newport, OR



We had a great visit with Alan and Karen. This morning we ate at the Pig 'n Pan--super breakfast! Then we found a darling little shopping area near the world famous aquarium and don't you know we found another yarn shop! This little shopping area is worth a visit--very cute nautical themed store fronts and good stuff in the stores, too.

Didn't get much sleep last night--huge rainstorm complete with thunder and lightning that sent Tule to the foot of our bed in fear. You'd never know she is a hunting dog that isn't afraid of guns. I felt bad for the young couple next to us in a tent with a 3 year old and a 2 month old baby. I thought of camping with my folks and being told the rain won't come in unless you touch the tent fabric. Of course, I touched the tent fabric just to see if they were right. I'm pretty sure the three year old did, too.


After the yarn shop visit we headed on up the coast past more wonderful scenery. We always stop at the Tillamook cheese factory because you can get great cheese--flavors we can't get at home--and there is a nice parking area for RV's.

By the time we got to Astoria (at the Hammond KOA RV park) we had heard from Gary's cousin, Mike so we all went out to dinner after a drink at their house. It is always fun to see them and catch up on all the latest family info. We are only here one night, then on to my Mom's tomorrow. But next week we will be back so Gary and Mike can go sturgeon fishing together on Mike's boat.

Nice, cool weather here--I am so glad I finished my Malabrigo wool sweater. I am getting lots of use out of it!

1 comment:

ronandrea said...

I tried commenting but don't think it worked the first time. I like that color lavendar!
Sounds like you're having a great time! Lots of green and flowers, too! It's been cool here!
Does Tule have more stability in that spot under your feet?
andrea