Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We won again!




There was another raffle at the Rally dinner tonight and Gary won again! This time it was an adapter for 50 amp to 30 amp electrical. It was another fun night. We sat at a table with a couple from Folsom! As you can see in the photo it was a huge group--over 400 rigs and with the grandkids some people brought it was over 800 people. Considering it was the first rally ever for this group, we were all very pleased. Good entertainment, nice conversations. Lots of fun.

Today was windy and rainy. I was out buying groceries when the wind came up, full of dust. I opened the back of the CR-V to put the groceries away and my fabric grocery bag was sucked out by the wind. A nice young man caught it for me and I put it back in, way in the back this time. By the time I grabbed my first bag to put in, the pink bag had blown away and was moving so fast nobody could catch it. I looked for it as I drove away, but it was nowhere in sight. I’ve never seen wind that would grab things from inside and take them away. By the time I got back to the RV Gary had taken photos of the wind blowing the dirt up into the air and the rain coming down to meet it. Sure glad we got the car washed yesterday. Duh.


Right now I am watching a lightning show above the grandstand that we can see from our door. Elsie is helping me watch for lightning. It is far away as the thunder isn’t loud and comes long after the lightning strikes. It is beautiful!


We had a great time at this rally--didn’t hurt that we won two prizes! Tomorrow we are back on the road, heading in the direction of the Grand Canyon.

No comments: