Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oregon Coast





Today we found beautiful weather all the way up the Oregon coast--gorgeous views and beautiful wildflowers were abundant. I missed the rain we expected, but you can’t have everything.

Scotch Broom grows wild up here and is considered a nasty weed, but it sure looks good to see all the cheerful yellow along the roadways.

Every bridge we crossed in Oregon had a beautiful beginning and end--not the usual boring bridge style we see in California. This is one example.

I forgot to mention Scotia while we were in California. We took a side trip thru this little town that is supported by a lumber mill--what fantastic buildings make up the business district. You can tell wood supports the town. This photo is the city movie theater. Absolutely beautiful--

Elsie has discovered a new favorite place to be while we travel--under my legs squeezed under my seat as far as she can go. It gets a bit uncomfortable, but she insists on scooting in there each time I am up front. Goofy dog.

Gary was very sweet today--stopped at three yarn shops for me! I had to buy yarn, of course. Must support the economy!

This posting is late because there was no signal for phone or computer in this RV park. It is a beautiful park, but not too many modern amenities. I love the sign at their entrance:

Dinner tonight was with Gary’s brother and his wife, Alan and Karen. We had a good time catching up on all the family news.

No comments: