Friday, June 19, 2009

Raindrops, so many raindrops . . .

Feels like ra-ai-ain drops, falling from the sky-yyy.

I enjoyed the soothing sound of rain falling on the roof of the RV while Gary was out getting skunked on fish today. I spent some time knitting, took the dogs for a nice walk in the cozy rain.

Then I drove in to Astoria. I walked up one side of the main street of town, then back down the other side.

I found a yarn shop and bought one more skein for my "trip" vest. Also got an Astoria t-shirt.

Julie got some clams and invited us over for fried clams for dinner. Gary thoroughly enjoyed stuffing himself. What a treat! And we got to see Mike and Julie's daughter Lisa who came home for Father's Day weekend.

Tomorrow is our day for the Scandinavian Festival. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Britta, Webmistress of the Dark said...

Yum..fried clams! Hope he ate some for me too! ;) Take lots of photos at the Scandinavian Festival!

ronandrea said...

Haven't seen your blog for a few days. You have been very busy. Loved the photo of Lindstrom's "Danish" (gotta change that, ha!) Bakery. Mouth is watering!
Wasn't sure who everyone was.
We leave Mon. a.m. - lots to do!
See ya in about a month.
Andrea