Sunday, March 25, 2012

Just escaped more snow!

As we left Cathedral City, the sun was shining and it was already getting too warm. Then we headed out I-10. The wind really picked up, kept Gary challenged just to keep the RV in our lane. The windmills were really moving! The rain began at Palmdale, got really hard as we went over the Tehachapi's, even saw some snowflakes mixed in. We got to Bakersfield. Decided to try out a new RV park--River Run RV Park--very nice! Same price as Orange Grove--no oranges, but brand new and a HOT TUB! Very important to Gary after a long day of driving.

Then we watched the news and discovered we got out of the Tehachapis just in time. Snow really came down just after we got thru, lots of it. We got to listen to a wonderful sounding rainstorm.

The better news is that my computer seems to have my same view of the way too hot weather in the desert. It wouldn't work there. I turned it off today as we drove, then turned it back on--the rain and cooler weather made it much happier. It is working just fine now. I updated the other blogs.

I managed to remember to add a life line to my silk scarf--even more progress has been made. I may finish it by the end of summer.

No comments: