Sunday, March 18, 2012

Snow!

All night long we had rain, big winds, thunder, lightning, then at 4:30 a.m. it got quiet and I went to sleep. Little did I know that I would see 4" of snow on our steps as I took the dogs for their first walk of the day.






Both dogs love the snow, but Elsie especially enjoys it--she ran and ran around the dog park, prancing in the snow.




Unfortunately, the Great Blue Herons that are nesting in this RV park don't share Elsie's enthusiasm.














As I walked the dogs early this morning, our neighbor was putting the finishing touches on a snowman.














I decided it was a good day to do some laundry. While I was there I worked on my knitting.

















As the snow continued to fall, Gary decided it was time to knock a bit of it off the roof of the RV. We were up to 8" by this time.

















It snowed off and on all day long, mostly on. This is what the dogs looked like when they returned from their after dinner walk.

















And this is Gary's hat after that walk.

















After several false starts (had to tink a lot and finally frogged FOUR TIMES so far on this scarf--decided I can't knit this one while the RV is in motion--too many bumps in the road) this silk lace scarf is under way. It was so nice sitting and knitting and watching the snow.

1 comment:

Britta, Webmistress of the Dark said...

I still can't believe you drove to Arizona and found so much snow! :)