Saturday, July 14, 2012

Back to Seattle

We made it to Seattle in record time today--got here early. On the ride from the airport we got some nice rain (as per my order--I always put my order in for rain before I come). But now it is cool and nice outside with no rain.

Delta First Class is much nicer than Alaska First Class. If you get to choose, go with Delta.

Our most expensive hotel was the worst. Not only did they give us a room as far from the elevator as you could get (after I requested close to it 2 months ago when I made the reservation) but this morning the toilet broke. Three visits from the repair staff caused them to determine we needed a real plumber. We checked out early and went to the airport where they have many toilets to choose from and at least one must be working at all times! The bus drivers were the best part of this hotel visit--and they were wonderful. They loved Mom and took very good care of her.

I have been to Trader Joe's for essential groceries and we are ready for bed. It is 8 p.m. Seattle time, but 10 p.m. Minneapolis time that we are used to. Maybe tomorrow will find us back on PDT.

It was a good trip, but we are glad to be back where we don't have to eat in restaurants for awhile.

No comments: