Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Reunion

The reunion was small, but fun. Mom had a ball answering questions about her grandmother. I emailed a request for photos to Britta, who came thru with flying colors, sending 4 emails full of photos they needed. This enabled them to ask Mom more questions. I learned things I didn't know, too.

This area is so beautiful. Reminds me a bit of North Lake Tahoe, but every yard is manicured here and the lake is incredibly blue. I had always heard about polluted waters in the Great Lakes--not in this part of Lake Michigan! Haven't seen a single homeless person. Lots of absolutely gorgeous people walking the streets, many of them walking equally gorgeous dogs. We were lucky weather-wise. First thing this morning we had a big rainstorm, but when it stopped the sun came out along with humidity. Our hostess' house was out in the country and no humidity there and cooler temp. It was a perfect day.

No comments: