Monday, July 9, 2012

Last day in Michigan

We started the morning by heading to the Walmart in Cheboygan. Needed a new Garmin gps since ours broke the first day I tried to use it. Such a relief to have one again. My iPhone gps worked fairly well, but Mom couldn't see it, so I had to take my eyes off the road to look at it and that isn't good.

We drove an interesting route from Mackinaw City to Ludington today. Lots of farmland, lots of beautiful scenery. Sure wish I could put a photo up, but no luck yet. I even tried taking a photo with my iPad and still couldn't put it on Blogger. Might have to try a new blog server. Britta has been working on that for me.

My favorite sign of the day was a road id sign that said "Road 12 3/4". It is a real road!

Rest Areas in Michigan are called Roadside Parks. They have porta-potties and the only water is an old pump. You pump it until water runs into a water fountain looking bowl and quickly stick your hands under before the water stops. No soap anywhere in sight. But the park part is beautiful--lovely settings. I have a photo for you, but no luck loading it.

Tomorrow is the ferry ride to Door County. Can't wait!

No comments: