Monday, July 16, 2012

Fog!

We have now had one more new type of weather that we didn't have on our trip--fog. It is so nice and cool here--can't complain at all.

This morning I am making the traditional cinnamon rolls for Mom--her favorite thing to eat--cinnamon rolls are followed closely by pie. Last night her old friend Buck came over for Linda Hultman's beef barley soup and pie and he wanted to skip dinner and just have pie. I told him he had to eat what was good for him before i'd give him pie. ; )

As Mom and I sat in church yesterday I thought about how lucky I am to have a 97 year old Mom who is doing so well. It is a real privilege to sit with her in church and do things like this trip with her. The hard part is that there are only two people she still knows at Trinity. Everyone else has died. She only gets to church when I am here to take her, so doesn't make new friends. It is a HUGE church and not super friendly like Advent.

We're still adjusting to the time change. I don't know how you people who go overseas ever adjust! Only 3 hours and our sleep schedule is still weird.

No comments: