Saturday, July 21, 2012

The convention is over

I've been absent from the blog for a few days, as Britta pointed out to me. It was because I was in Bellingham, WA at the Daughters of Norway convention. It was so much fun being around so many other Norwegians. The first thing I noticed is that they all were wearing my favorite colors--lots of green and orange and purple and teal. And there were a lot of blondes that you know must be really blonde because their eyebrows and eyelashes were as blonde as mine. There was entertainment and lots of essential meetings and goodies and great stuff for sale, as well as raffles. I wish I could post photos because I won the raffle of an amazing wooden bowl that was painted black with red rosmaling on it. I was sooooo lucky! Our lodge founder has a gorgeous bunad (Norsk costume) that no longer fits her because she lost weight. I didn't lose weight so it fits me perfectly and I got to wear it today. I felt more Norwegian than ever in that beautiful outfit.

Now I am back at Mom's in beautifull Woodway. Tomorrow my brother and his family will be here so I'll get to see them this trip, too! I got to see my sister on Wednesday before I left for Bellingham. It has been a great trip, but I have been gone long enough. I got to talk to Gary every day, but I've been going thru dog withdrawal--I need to see my girls! At least I get to go out and give a dog biscuit to Mom's neighbor's lab each day I am here. She has begin to expect it whether I am here or not. It helps when I miss our dogs too much.

The weather has been my idea of perfect--some rain, some clouds and when it is sunny the high is about 75 or less. Today was 73. Gary told me it was 100 at 2 p.m. in Roseville. Yuck!

No comments: