Friday, July 6, 2012

Michigan!

Morning came very early today. We were up at 2:30 a.m. to be ready to catch the airporter at 3:45. I think it will be early to bed tonight. Mom is taking a nap as I type this.

The first leg of the trip was wonderful. It was my first time to fly first class. I could get used to this kind of flying! We had a very tasty breakfast--omlet with gouda cheese--yummy. Lots of snacks came by and my tea was refilled over and over. Very nice.

The good flight ended in Minneapolis. Then we got on Pinnacle Air--a puddle jumper with 26 seats--all full, mostly people who evidently don't believe in deodorant. Stinky flight.

This part of Michigan is beautiful. Traverse City Airport looks brand new--very small, but very nice. We found our way to Boyne City in spite of the Garmin that decided to die as soon as we got in the car. My iPhone gps only worked now and then depending on signal strength. Our motel is older with only swamp coolers for a/c--but with this humidity, it is better than nothing. While Mom took her nap, I went for a walk and discovered that Boyne City is having a celebration tonight and there are 3 bands performing in different parts of this cute little town.

The signal strength is so weak here that I won't attempt to post photos until I get somewhere that we have more signal. Sorry--I'll keep on taking photos just in case I can figure out how to get them from my iPhone to my iPad.

My flight from Sac to Seattle was fun. One flight attendant announced that the fellow who was in charge of my row among others, was selected Flight Attendant of the Year for 2012. I don't know if that is a real competition or not, but he was very funny. Had most of the plane laughing all the way to Seattle. I've never had so much fun on a plane ride!

We're looking forward to the family reunion tomorrow. I'll do my best to blog afterward.

No comments: